Workshop participants will learn the following skills specific to breast cancer impairments:
- Arm to Ear Test and Reach Out the Back Test
- Using the MAP-BC for evaluating impairment location
- Determine the difference between muscle and scar/ adhesion impairments
- Palpation skills specific to impairments common to mastectomy, lumpectomy, ALND, cording
- Use of treatment methods suitable for breast cancer survivors: fascia release, Lewit barrier release, trigger point release, adapted cupping and self-management techniques based on these.
- Treatment planning around breast cancer medical interventions
You will practice safe and effective hand pressures for assessment and treatment as used by Denise Stewart in her practice; the Standard TouchTM Device will be available at the workshop.
REFUND POLICY: If you have received the link for the Modules there will be a service/product cost of $180.
These modules offer active links to the extensive research which underpins the need for impairment vs dysfunction assessment and the testing demonstrated at the workshop. I believe that by undertaking the study of these Modules – the workshop will be less overwhelming and therefore foster better learning outcomes for you and your potential clients.
- mastectomy + lumpectomy scars and adhesions,
- axillary lymph node linear scar + dissection bed adhesions
COVID UPDATE SEPTEMBER 2020
Face to face workshops have been replaced with online live learning sessions.