New breast reconstruction surgery methods following breast cancer are being developed by skilled surgeons. Therapists dedicated to breast cancer rehabilitation are continually investigating new methods to manage the side effects experienced by some patients. You can view the treatment approach of Stella Maris Glowinski, a masso-physiotherapist, working in Rome, Italy. Stella works closely with surgeons using new surgical approaches to breast reconstruction, to provide physical therapy to improve outcomes for the patients.
In this training program, you will see:
- A photo of the nipple sparing during surgery(with areola staples) which offers a better understanding of potential impairments to lymphatics and connective tissues.
- Demonstration of Lymphatic massage of the breast using clearance of each quadrant (video).
- Demonstration of manual massage methods for the inverted areola and nipple.(video)
- Demonstration of negative pressure techniques for the inverted areola and nipple.(video)
- Questions and answers pdf to know about Stella’s thoughts on timeframes plus more.
- Selected public access videos and research papers to undertand current views regarding new breast reconstruction surgery where the nipple is saved.
The video is a total of 12.41mins and demonstrates Stella’s treatment of a patient with inverted nipple, in the early stages of recovery.
If paying in a currency other than Australian dollars, conversion of fee is required: your bank may impose a currency conversion fee. Only Australian citizens will have 10%GST added to the price displayed which is added at payment.
Your purchase supports this clinician’s work.
Access rights following purchase
The program will require internet access each time you choose to view the information.
With your purchase you will receive a link and password which will be active for 12 months.
Videos can not be downloaded to your computer.
About Stella Maris Glowinski
Stella Maris Glowinski works in her own private practice, in Rome, Italy, where the majority of her patients are breast cancer survivors at varying stages of recovery. Stella Maris Glowinski is a Massophysiotherapist with additional training and experience: lymphoedema treatment since 1997 (Vodder and Foldi trained), dynamic taping for musculo- skeletal and lymphatic conditions and psychological care for cancer patients. Stella has published articles on oncology rehab since 2003 and has recently developed a face to face workshop (in Italian only) to share her knowledge and skills.
This is the first time Stella’s work has become available to English speaking countries.