The single-day face to face workshop and online follow-up is a great way to learn new soft-tissue skills for clinical use.
Standard Touch (R) devices will be used throughout the workshop to ensure your assessment and treatment pressure is safe, consistent, effective and kind to both your patient and yourself. This innovative device can be hired for the duration of the online sessions, to further train your new hands-on skills. See rental option here (note dollars are USD and return postage is required)
A single patient assessment/ treatment sessions may be arranged for the end of the workshop day. But your learning will be accelerated over the 4 weeks of online sessions if you are able to practice your skills with volunteers or current patients at your clinic. There will be 30 mins dedicated to case reviews at each of the online sessions.
Your introduction to the adapted cupping session will also include a manual glass cup to take home.
The online learning sessions will cover:
- Trigger point assessment and release
- Developing a self-management program
- Correction of common rib misalignments
- A simple practice for teaching ideal abdominal breathing pattern and core stability (Kolar DNS method)
- A simple practice to facilitate scapula correction and arm movement patterning (Kolar DNS method)
- Timeframes for treatment protocols
- Case and skill review
The focus will be on impairments commonly associated with mastectomy, lumpectomy.
ONLINE Sessions will be Saturday 3-5 pm ( AEST). Each online session will be recorded and made available for your private use only.
Meals for the workshop:
- TEAS: Provided including GF and dairy-free option
- LUNCH: BYO
DOWNLOAD PDF HERE for full program details
Level 2 workshop covers breast reconstruction, pec minor assessments and comparison of dynamic taping methods.